What Makes A Mushroom Like Penis Envy Special
So which characteristics qualify a particular mushroom, like Penis Envy, to be considered “majestic”?
Fungus and mushrooms have been mentioned and referenced throughout our history of civilization through ancient cave paintings, manuscripts, and constructs. They continue to be referenced in pop culture, music, movies, and many books. Recent research suggests that Penis Envy and other strains may have beneficial medicinal properties too.
Shrooms are often small and usually have color shades ranging between brown and tan to golden beige. At first glance, mushrooms don’t look particularly significant. In fact, the scientific name roughly translates to “bald head,” befitting their rather plain-looking appearance. But those who’ve ingested it say it changed their world completely.
People commonly mistake mushrooms found in wild for any number of other poisonous fungi. So it’s essential to know the difference and how to identify the shrooms found, especially when looking for the Penis Envy mushroom effects.
The Glory That Is Penis Envy Mushrooms
From a scientific standpoint, Penis Envy mushrooms belong to the fungus family of Hymenogastraceae, and is a strain of psilocybin cubensis. This particular mushroom is collected and grown as an entheogen and recreational drug, despite its difference in legality within many countries.
Admired mycologist, Paul Stamets, calls these mushrooms “the most majestic” because of their beautiful color and transformative properties. They have an easy-to-recognize size and golden color and are characterized by their mutant penis-like appearance. Hence the appropriate name.
The shroom color depends on its hydration level and turns a bluish color when handled due to oxidizing (oxygen exposure).
Penis Envy doesn’t only differ from its relatives in potency but also in appearance. The shrooms are notably larger and thicker, with wider caps as the fungi mature. With true genetics, their bulbous cap sometimes separates from their stem, as observed.
The Penis Envy is a significantly potent mushroom strain known for its effects. These mushrooms have a vast and somewhat limited known history, so the Penis Envy origin is still up for debate.
Reported Penis Envy Mushroom Effects
Amongst mushroom enthusiasts, Penis Envy is an absolute winner for most. Interestingly enough, shrooms are the most popular among people ages 34 and younger.
Those who’ve tried shrooms and have experienced Penis Envy Mushroom effects have reported:
- Hypnagogic Experiences: Greater intensity of emotional experiences, increased introspection, and altered psychological functioning.
- Perceptual Shifts: Changes in perceptual shifts like illusions, synesthesia, and mixing sensory modalities.
- Visual Perception: Possible changes to visual perception like halos around lights and objects or geometric patterns with closed eyes.
- Personal Perspective: Thoughts and emotions could start to change.
- Emotional Shifts: Stronger emotions ranging from good to bad. Many recommend not resisting these emotions in either direction. Rather let them run their course. Many who report strong negative emotions experience a simultaneous sense of calm and acceptance. They find themselves detached from these emotions, especially if they remind themselves that the emotions are temporary.
For most, the Penis Envy mushroom effects are a long-lasting experience.
A report from data collected in the 2010 NSDUH study shows that, compared to other drugs, hallucinogens—which, according to the NSDUH, include LSD, PCP, peyote, mescaline, mushrooms, and MDMA (ecstasy)—were used by about 1.2% of the population of people 12 years of age and older within the last month.
The Different Dosages of Penis Envy Mushrooms
The appropriate dosage of shrooms varies depending on the intended purpose. Like other psychedelics, Penis Envy often evokes conscious awareness of subconscious thoughts and feelings. This includes repressed memories, feelings about life circumstances, fantasies, or deep fears.
While we don’t recommend the consumption of these compounds, we understand people are curious. That said, for someone interested in finding out for themselves what it’s like, it’s essential that they be ready to deal with unusual or challenging thoughts, images, and feelings in an open and thoughtful manner. It’s also best to use Penis Envy (or any shrooms) with a trusted individual who isn’t under the influence. This person will act as a “guide,” preventing the user from engaging in dangerous activities.
While mushrooms are considered active at doses around 3–4 mg, a common dose used in clinical research settings ranges from 14–30 mg.
Listed below are a selection of shroom dosages used in clinical trials and the associated medical condition the dosage was aimed at treating:
- 0.314 mg (oral, per kg of body weight): Mushrooms produce substantial and sustained decreases in depression and anxiety in patients with life-threatening cancer: A randomized double-blind trial, Griffiths et al., Journal of Psychopharmacology, 2016.
- 0.286-0.429 mg (oral, per kg of body weight): Pilot Study of the 5-HT2AR Agonist Mushrooms in the Treatment of Tobacco Addiction, Johnson, et al., Journal of Psychopharmacology, 2014.
- 0.3-0.4 mg (oral, per kg of body weight): Mushroom-assisted treatment for alcohol dependence: A proof-of-concept study, Bogenschutz et al., Journal of Psychopharmacology, 2015.
- 10-25 mg (oral, not proportional to body weight): 1) Shrooms with psychological support for treatment-resistant depression: an open-label feasibility study, Carhart-Harris et al., The Lancet, 2016, 2) Shrooms with psychological support improves emotional face recognition in treatment-resistant depression, Stroud et al., Psychopharmacology, 2018, 3) Effects of mushroom therapy on personality structure, Erritzoe, et al., Acta Psychiatrics Scandinavica, 2018.
- 2 mg (intravenous, not proportional to body weight): Implications for psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy: functional magnetic resonance imaging study with mushrooms, Carhart-Harris et al., British Journal of Psychiatry, 2012.
Penis Envy mushrooms effects are usually felt when taken orally either by eating dried caps and stems or steeped as a tea. The most common dose is around 1–2.5 grams.
They usually have a bitter taste, so many prefer them as brewed tea or prepared with a food item to mask the taste. A common preference is to use sweetness to counteract the bitterness, like covering them with chocolate.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Golden Teachers are a great strain for beginners or those looking for a more predictable dosage. They’re considered medium potency, with roughly 0.61% psilocybin & 0.60% psilocin. Anecdotal data also suggest that Golden Teacher trips are often shorter than average, lasting closer to 2 hours rather than 4. Many users claim they also contain unique healing qualities in addition to providing a…